A Quick Note about Corrections:
All competitions run differently and input all the data for each category differently as well. A lot of times, we will receive the data from the competition and input the results as is - this can result in a lot of misspellings and misinformation due to human error. Common mistakes include:
- Spelling errors
- First and Last names switched
The Dance Vision Circuit Team will try to correct any known mistakes but some will slip past us. If you feel there is an error in your name, please email email@example.com
Accumulation of Points:
Entry count will be based off the software final program as used in the NDCA report.
PRO/AM SINGLE DANCE EVENTS
(Bronze, Silver, Gold & Above Single Dances)
Each and every recall from preliminary rounds = 4 points.
Uncontested will be 1/2 of the original point total (example: if you dance in an uncontested single dance, you will receive 4 points instead of 8.)
PRO/AM MULTI-DANCE COMPETITIVE EVENTS
(Open, Gold & Above 3, 4 or 5 Multi-Dance events)
Closed Gold events do not count toward Multidance point totals.
Each and every recall from preliminary rounds = 5 points.
Uncontested will be 1/2 of the original point total (example: if you dance in an uncontested multidance, you will receive 10 points instead of 20.)
Participation at any one of the Dance Vision Circuit Events will earn you points to determine your ranking.
Awards for the Dance Vision Circuit will be given out as follows
- Thursday – Top Pro/Am American Rhythm & Smooth winners
- Saturday – Top Bronze, Silver, Gold, Student/Student, International Latin & Ballroom students and Top Teacher winners.
To receive the prize money
- STUDENTS - All students must compete at the Emerald Ball with 30 single dance entries or more in the corresponding styles and/or levels they are competing for to qualify. (Dances that make up Multidance and/or Scholarship events will also qualify as single dance entries in this case)
- TEACHERS - All teachers must compete at the Emerald Ball with 100 single dance entries or more to qualify for 1st - 3rd place and 25 single dance entries or more to qualify for 4th - 6th. (Dances that make up Multidance and/or Scholarship events will also qualify as single dance entries in this case i.e. 5 dance scholarships count as 5 single dances)
- Dance Vision is not responsible if the event(s) cancel or does not send in their scores.
Teachers competing in the series must have their NDCA dues up to date and posted on the NDCA website. If not, they will forfeit all winnings for themselves and their students.
Discrepancies & Penalties:
- Any discrepancies in scoring or point accumulation must be reported in writing by emailing Ashley@dancevision.com. Please include Name of Competition and what category(ies).
- Discrepancies must be filed no later than 30 days after the event posted date on the Leader Board. If not, points will not count.
- We will not accept telephone calls, word of mouth, FaceBook or Twitter. It must be in writing through email.
- Teachers and students are subject to forfeiture of all points and awards for unsportsman-like conduct, for each infraction.
- All discrepancies must be filed before the start of Emerald Ball Dancesport Championships. No discrepancies will be taken at the Emerald Ball Dancesport Championships.